Jun 20, 2011

Beach break

Pathway to Nan’s, 6x9" watercolor
So the question is, do I stay up and post this blog or do I turn in for the night? I love writing in the early morning over my first cups of coffee, but alas, tomorrow morning I have a 9:00 appointment with a masseuse. Generous patron friends gifted me a massage certificate for my birthday in 2010, and I’m just now getting ‘round to using it.

I painted Pathway to Nan’s on my recent trip to Chapel Hill. See the other paintings I did on that trip by clicking Meet Gregory. Nan is a woman in Chapel Hill who has graciously put me up nights during many various painting expeditions over the past three+ years. She is a New Yorker with a fantastic knowledge of art and antiques. Her sister, in fact, was one of the last of the working artists to have an art studio in the building that houses Carnegie Hall. The walkway to Nan’s front door is dark like this but the surrounding garden has a lush patina that can be gained only after years of plantings and pulling. The rooster on the left is no doubt one of Nan’s charming collectibles.

No comments:

Post a Comment