Mar 16, 2012

What is it about men and bees,

Quince in early spring, 14x18" oil on panel
when they spot a flower? As I was painting this landscape, two different men stopped by to get their marks in the painting. One asked to use my palette knife, then put a dab of yellow in the grass; the other asked me to add his bees to the painting. There are at least three bumble bees in this painting. On the web, the bees probably equal about two pixels each, so I doubt you can see them. I won’t ask you to try.
 Do know I have a new plein air quote,
"The more beautiful it becomes outside, the more ugly it becomes inside."
So much for spring cleaning. My house has gone to hell in a handbasket. I've been a busy bee plein air painting. Don’t miss my two new gazebo paintings on Hot Off the Easel.

No comments:

Post a Comment