Aug 9, 2017

Back in North Carolina

Rx in Wilmington, 6½ x 9½" watercolor
I was back in Goldsboro [from my trip to Minnesota] about a month, when I felt the need to get away again, this time for three days in the Wilmington area. I drove down on a Tuesday. Thinking it might rain the entire time I was there, I contacted the owner of a couple of popular restaurants to ask if I might paint inside his restaurants in the event of rain. With some skepticism, he granted me permission to come in before the restaurants opened their doors for dinner. Turns out I didn’t need to stay indoors. Although the skies were threatening, I managed to do this watercolor upon arriving my first day there. For those not familiar, Rx restaurant got its name because it is located in a building that formally housed a 20th century drug store.

No comments:

Post a Comment