Sep 2, 2009

Lighthouses


“Two palms and a lighthouse”
6 x 9" watercolor
available in the Original Watercolors Collection of BrendaBehr.com

Not a North Carolina lighthouse, Tybee Island Light is on the coast just east of Savannah, Georgia. Last March my good friend Rita and I met there for a long weekend of sightseeing, dining, and observing the first buds of spring. Rita, a generous friend, gave me time alone so I could do some painting. What a kind gesture! Thank you, Rita!

On Sunday, three lighthouse paintings, similar in style to this one, went with me for drop-off at Carolina Creations in New Bern. In fact, this is my only remaining lighthouse, other than giclée reproductions, that is not going to be in the New Bern “Iconic Lighthouse” show at Carolina Creations. See the Events schedule on my web site for information about the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment