Jun 2, 2014

En plein country air

Late spring at Mabel’s, 7x9" watercolor
I love coming home from a trip with a slug of watercolors I can share. This time, I came home from a five-day trip with four oil paintings, and just this one watercolor. Mabel’s is the guesthouse at Jane and Layton Getsinger’s, where I have the good fortune to stay when I travel west to Statesville, NC. I have mentioned Mabel’s in earlier posts, as already I have shared an oil of the house as well as three watercolors of its interior.

On the same property this past week, I immersed myself in an attempt to capture the beauty of the Getsinger property. A vast hayfield there is now in its prime and ready for cutting. I also made it a point to paint Shoes in the walls, a curious interior view, also inside Mabel’s. The shoes painting as well as the story behind the shoes can be found in “A country dream,” the Behr Path newsletter I sent out yesterday.

Path to the garden, 8x10" oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment