Feb 4, 2011

On trapeze

Trapezio 1

Trapezio 2
Trapezio was the name of last Saturday’s Dr. Sketchy session in Raleigh. Attendees were provided with two female models who posed for us on trapeze in several one-minute poses, then some five, and finally a ten. These are my favorite of my one-minute sketches. Trapeze is a wonderful way to view the figure in ways one wouldn’t normally view it. Great sketch practice. In positions that might otherwise be impossible, a model on trapeze requires an artist to draw what they see, not what they know. Paint what you see, not what you know has quickly become one of my favorite drawing / painting mantras.

I’m not certain my last blog post went out to subscribers. If you did not receive the January 29 post, you’ll find it posted below or by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment