Mar 1, 2011

Quick and quicker

Spencer quick, 9x6"
See my most recent Dr. Sketchy paintings by clicking Birthday Bash at the Black Flower. Not having made a post there for some time, Hot off the Easel, my other blog, had grown a bit cold and so I decided to warm it up by adding some fresh work.
Saturday, Jerry’s Artarama Raleigh store had me stop by for a couple of hours for some FREE product demos. Know that I am totally opposed to artists endorsing products that they would not otherwise use. In this case however, I helped Jerry’s promote their DaVinci line of watercolors, a brand that comprises most of my full palette when I’m working from a full palette. This brand was first introduced to me when in 1995 I took a workshop from the late, great Robert E. Wood, California School master watercolorist. To date, he’s probably the most famous of all the painters under whom I’ve studied.
The paintings here are a quick and a quicker watercolor of Spencer, one of the folks who stopped by to watch me demonstrate my fast gesture approach to painting figures in watercolor.
Quicker Spencer, 6x3"

No comments:

Post a Comment