May 16, 2013

Painting cows ‘til they come home

Landmarked Landscape, 6x9" watercolor
One, Two, Tree, 6x9" watercolor
Laying Low, 6x9" watercolor

I can hardly believe these “Belties” scored me a weekend at Fearrington Village. I was so thrilled to do a trunk show last year at Dovecote, the quaint boutique situated in the heart of Fearrington. Only a few of the paintings are still available, so I’m busy creating a new crop of Beltie watercolors, these being three of them. Besides, painting the cows is amazing practice for the wedding watercolors I do. Two weddings are on the horizon for me to paint—one in June with a reception at the Nasher Art Museum in Durham, and another this September in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Westward ho!!

Do get a sneak preview of mine and Robert Rigsby’s plein air Double Vision exhibition coming up at The Granary Restaurant Gallery at Fearrington. See post below. Opening reception for the show is Thursday, June 6, 6-8pm. Everyone is invited. Foodies will love dining at The Granary. I had a double evening there last fall when butternut squash soup was featured on the menu. Yum, to die for.


No comments:

Post a Comment