Nov 1, 2011

Stretching reality

Picasso Yoga, Sharpie® rendering on paper
 Last Thursday, I was privileged to attend another Life Model Open Studio session at Chambers Arts!

And fortunately, we again had artist Kathyrn Cook as our model. And finally, I asked her, “Do you teach it [yoga]?” She confirmed, also telling me she’s been doing yoga for some ten years. Yow! And I have trouble making it to my first session!

Again, we did ten one-minute poses. Tell me if you think I should put these drawings up for auction? I’m thinking in this economy, they would give me some pieces with a significantly lower (teeny-weeny) price point that might actually move.

After getting into the rhythm of these poses, I focused on conveying more info with fewer lines, and voila! I ended up with Picasso Yoga (above). Picasso’s drawings and paintings of many of his models look about as close to reality as some of Kate’s stretches are relative to human form as we know it. —This is why Kate’s poses make for such good drawing practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment