Jun 1, 2011

Asian influenced pelicans, the last five

Mandarin Duck 1, 3.5 x 4.5", ink on newsprint, N.F.S.
Wearing purple, 8.5 x 5.5"
Shy guy, 5.75 x 3.5" SOLD
Pointing it out, 5.5 x 3.5" SOLD
The paintings I’ve been featuring of pelicans are in a style that has taken me some time to develop. In Minneapolis in the mid-nineties, I took sumi-e classes from Susan Frame, renown for her Asian brush painting. The paintings here were not done in sumi, Japanese for ink, so they are not considered sumi-e. More about the influence of Asian brush painting on my watercolors can be found in a past clickback of Canadian painter and author Robert Genn. When you’ve opened his web page, please scroll down to the clickback titled “Omission encourages participation”.

Here are the last five pelicans that I’ll be offering as fundraisers for Sea Biscuit Wildlife Shelter. At some point I’ll be matting many of these paintings and placing them in some of the North Carolina coastal galleries that represent my work. I hope in the meantime that you will take advantage of my lower prices on these paintings by making a donation to Sea Biscuit, a very worthwhile non-profit wildlife organization. Once I’ve matted them, my images like these normally sell for considerably more, $65-90. The painting Heron on Robert Genn’s clickback sold [framed] for $600 in a silent auction at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts in Minnesota.

Out of the blue, 9x4" SOLD
Tim 5, 9.5 x 3.5"

1 comment: