Jan 21, 2012

Grrrrrrrrr . . .

Can you find the tobacco barn in this picture?, 14x11" oil on panel
Yesterday afternoon
This morning’s light
The last thing I wanted to do this morning (well maybe not the last) was leave the house just after 9:00 a.m. and go back to the plein air location where I had painted the day before. Friday I was unable to finish my painting because of rain. Then today, I had to get out early to avoid the rain. How dreadful it is that we had rain today. The temperatures in Eastern North Carolina were expected to reach 70º. My hunch is most plein air painters watch the weather forecasts as much as most farmers.

My colors may look surprisingly bright compared to the colors in the photos. I haven’t decided yet if I want my paintings to be more expressionist in color or more realistic. Behr with me.

F.Y.I. That little speck that appears down the road in this morning’s photo is my vehicle after a man delivering turkey feed suggested I park further down the road. Ooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment