May 7, 2011

Nursing a barbecue joint

Sucklings, 5x9" watercolor SOLD
I’m proud of the name I gave this painting. How many different names can I give a painting of this place? Wilber’s Barbecue in Goldsboro [NC] is like Krispy Kreme Doughnuts on Peace and Person Streets in Raleigh. If I’ve painted it once, I’ve painted it a million times. Not really. Let’s just say, I could probably make a living supplying the demand for paintings of these two iconic food stops. I try each time to make the painting a little different. My emphasis here was on the cars parked in front for lunch. In reality, the cars weren’t here for lunch; they were just waiting on their passengers inside. And there are actually wait people inside to do that, so these cars were just loitering outside. It’s late. I’m getting punchy.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks so much for taking us there. It was delicious.
    Ivie

    ReplyDelete