May 30, 2011

Pelican pause

Mouth with feathers, 4.25x4.25" watercolor
I just posted four more pelicans on Hot Off the Easel, so time for a break from the pelicans. Here’s a little blabbermouth of a bird. Mary Ellen, owner of Sea Biscuit Wildlife Shelter didn’t know if it was a cowbird or a grackle. In spite of being totally obnoxious with its continual chirping, I could have brought this little bird home with me. These watercolors as well as the last group of pelican paintings are each yours for a $25 donation to the Shelter. Postage is an additional $2.  

Saturday night, just as I was finishing my last Behr Path newsletter, I heard dogs barking outside. The newsletter was about my trip to Sea Biscuit and all about my love for animals. Afraid the dogs might be after my pet (oxymoron) feral cat, I looked outside to see what all the commotion was. Feeding at feline’s Fred’s dish, was a strange visitor. Five guesses, which image below is not a fit?


Mouth on bird, 3.3 x 5.5"
Mouth with feathers 2, 5.5 x 3.5
Mouth with feathers 3, 5.5 x 3.5"
Picasso bird, 4.5 x 4.5"
Not good at “playing possum”, photo

No comments:

Post a Comment