Aug 22, 2009

Krispy Kreme at Peace and Person


“Krispy Kreme at Peace and Person”
6x9" watercolor

Right now, North Carolina is hotter than hot. And Krispy Kreme in Raleigh is hotter than that. Loved for its hot, deep fried, glazed dough, people go there for the taste, but also for the memories of having gone there as a child. I painted this dans la voiture yesterday, mostly because it gave me a different view than the other one I intended to do. When I finished painting, I treated myself to one of the tasty doughnuts. Afterall, the HOT light was on. In another life, one of my cooking teachers described pâté de foie gras as “the Gods copulating on your tongue.” I can say the same about hot, Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts. To say it in a less suggestive way, they are a good caloric investment. So much for starving artists.

You’re just a click away. I invite you to visit my other “Hot off the Easel” blog at http://brendabehr.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment