Aug 25, 2009

Sutton’s Drug Store


“SUTTON’S”
6x9" watercolor

I created this blog as an avenue for you to read about some of my plein air adventures — as they happen. This painting is an exception in that I painted it some time ago. It’s being made available today on my web site at BrendaBehr.com.

In the fall of 2007, I was honored by a commission from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to paint what would become the Parents Council class gift from the senior class of 2008. With all due respect, that’s a mouthful!

It was decided by that class that I would paint Franklin Street in Chapel Hill. I’ll include an image of the resulting painting below. Up and down Franlkin Street on my little canvas stool, I painted all the agreed upon hot spots. Sutton’s historic drug store was one of them. This is one of the two painting studies that remain from the project.


“Carolina Spirit: Franklin Street”
16" x 60"
now available as a smaller reproduction

No comments:

Post a Comment