Aug 29, 2009

Lap Dancer Styles


Lapdancer 1* Ladancer 2*
9x12" watercolors

How I came to paint lap dancers is a book in itself. In search of models where I could hone my drawing skills I ended up at a strip joint. The area where I live in Eastern rural North Carolina is not abundant with places to paint live models. This type of drawing/painting may seem perverse to those who have never done it, but those who have gone to a reputable art school, are well familiar with sketching from nude models. The human form is perhaps the most flexible, and yet, most challenging of all forms to duplicate in a medium other than photography.

* The two styles of the paintings above are referred to today in my email newsletter, a newsletter available for subscription by joining my Email List at BrendaBehr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment